Thursday, October 9, 2008

After spending half an hour trying to edit a photo and some text into the 2009 calendar (which would be a useful thing to do for me with the monthly calendar of events) I think the site is too hard to work with for a novice like me. I need really user friendly sites. I can download an image from google images but not change the size or move the image around the calendar so I am feeling pretty fed up but have perservered and have instead customised the cityscape letterhead to suit my library. I have added logo, and my details, but I also found this document very difficult to work with, I could not put the logo where I wanted it, I could not change the spacing in the letterhead. not a satisfactory experience for me. I can see that in time this site could be useful for me if I needed to send Minutes of Meetings, information or letters to all/some of the libraries in my Zone. However, like most of the free sites available, this one has limitations and I would probably be lucky enough, in my workplace, to have better sites to work with than this one. In my work we use photos for our promotions and marketing and I find them easy to work with and to size for my purpose, so there will be better sites available I am sure.

No comments: